Monday, December 7, 2009

The Day I broke my feast

Like a lot of people when I got to day 92 I knew I could keep going as long as I felt like. You get into a habit of only drinking LOTS and Lots of juice and it becomes quite easy to stay with your routine. It's actually more work to figure out what your going to do when you come off of the feast in the same way as it was a bit of work to get into the routine to begin with!

I definitely knew on a deeper level that I had done some great work cleaning out and being on retreat and that it was a good idea for me to start the transition back onto solids ;0)

I was actually pretty thrilled to eat the prunes "food". I probably could have been happy only eating 1/2 of them and for only 1 or 2 meals. They made me gassy and crampy and I was "moving" pretty good ;0)

I definitely was glad to cut down on the juice, since it was a bit of an effort to get 1 gallon in a day. It's day 7 of "eating" and as I've been lessening my juice intake I'm committed to keeping "green" as I continue. So a minimum of 16oz dark green juice drank each day, I've also decided that 16-32 oz of "dark greens" for me can also be (if needed) dark green powders in water or green smoothies. I want to keep it flexible so I can stick with it, and my real priority is to get the dark greens in and also help my body stay more alkaline.

I'm noticing more, with planing my food intake, what is more digestible and what will feed my body vs before the feast I was leaning more towards what tasted good, what was easy to prepare, even when I was on phase 1 (for those who are not familiar with phase 1 it's when you eat only low sugar foods, so cucumber and tomatoes instead of apples etc..)

I'm pretty set now to eat, I had some cucumber noodles (same as usual) and later a coconut smoothies with health Forces fruits of the earth and vitamineral green. I'm looking forward to some avocados and I have some kelp noodles soaking as well as almonds (which are for my yummy breakfast dish tomorrow)

It's a really windy day in Patagonia, and I'm happily/luckily tucked away inside our cozy home. So I thought it might be nice to write up some cold weather yummy food blurbs:

For my friends who cook their food ;0) : Have you tried quinoa yet?
It's a seed that's used like a grain, you can add it to stews, soups, or prepare it like steamed rice.
It's a very high source of protein and magnesium as well as iron.
It's gluten free and considered easy to digest


For raw foodies and cooked foodies:
Tim and I love out little sauce pan, yup! During the summer we eat tons of salad and pretty much like clockwork when it starts to get cold outside we turn our salads into soups. We will still add baby green, baby spinach etc.. to the mix, we usually start adding more garlic into our dishes, and premier research brand nutritional yeast (it's the only one Gabriel carries) we add in spirulina, sea veggies, and LOVE adding nori sheets to the soup, we either take scissors and cut nice strips or just rip it into chunks. Tim loves our soups better with coconut oil and even though that version is growing on me, I usually go for olive/ hemp or flax oil. We sometimes also grind up chia and I spoon piles on top of the soup after it' s served, we wait 5-10 minutes for it to get soaked with the soup broth and eat the chia as gooey chia dumplings. Other things that go good in the soup are apple cider vinegar, premier research tomato powder or sun dried tomatoes ground or soaked and blended. Miso! we put everything in our soups, we've put: olives, flax crackers, chuncks of raw kamut or spelt bread in, spiralized zucchini / cucumber/ carrots..... celery, sauerkraut..... Whatever you know tastes good together with go great in soup.
We like it heavy and chuncky like stew, we warm it on the stove top with a thermometer or just test the temperature with our little pinky.
Lastly we LOVE getting greens in so will food process with the s-blade 1 bunch of 1 or more: cilantro, spinach, parsley, kale etc...
Enjoy!




"all it takes for a breakthrough is one moment"

No comments:

Post a Comment